“ESPN Plus: A Guide to Cancelling Your Subscription and FAQs”
Introduction: ESPN Plus is a popular online streaming platform that provides subscribers with access to live U.S. and international sports events, along with a library of on-demand sports documentaries. If you’ve decided to cancel your ESPN Plus subscription, you have several options. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the cancellation process, whether you signed up directly through ESPN Plus, a third-party provider, or an app store. It’s important to note that ESPN Plus does not offer refunds or credits for partially used billing periods.
Understanding ESPN+: ESPN Plus is the online streaming arm of the ESPN cable channel. Subscribing to ESPN Plus allows you to watch a wide variety of live sports events from the United States and around the world. Additionally, it grants you access to a vast collection of on-demand sports documentaries from ESPN Originals.
How to Cancel ESPN+ Online: If you signed up for ESPN Plus directly through their website, you can easily cancel your subscription online. Follow these steps:
- Visit the ESPN Plus billing page at ESPN Plus Billing Page.
- Log in with your ESPN Plus username and password if you’re not already logged in.
- Click “Log In” to access your account.
- Select “Manage” from the menu.
- Click on “Cancel Subscription.”
- Confirm your cancellation when prompted.
Once you’ve confirmed your cancellation, you will retain access to ESPN Plus for the remainder of your paid subscription period. After that, you won’t be charged further, and your access will cease.
How to Cancel ESPN+ Over the Phone: If you subscribed to ESPN Plus directly through ESPN and not a third-party provider, you can also cancel your subscription by phone. Simply call ESPN Customer Support at 1(800) 727-1800, and a customer service agent will guide you through the cancellation process. Similar to the online method, you will continue to have access to ESPN Plus until the end of your current billing period after confirming the cancellation.
How to Cancel ESPN+ via Smartphone: If you initially signed up for ESPN Plus through your smartphone’s app store, like Google Play or the Apple App Store, you must use the cancellation method provided by the respective app store. Please note that ESPN Plus does not provide refunds or credits for partially used billing periods.
Cancelling ESPN+ through Third-Party Providers: If you signed up for ESPN Plus through a third-party provider, such as Google Play, Apple App Store, Roku, or a cable company, you’ll need to cancel through that same provider. Here are instructions for some common third-party providers:
- Cancel ESPN+ on Android (Google Play): Open the Google Play app, tap the menu icon, select “Subscriptions,” choose your ESPN+ subscription, and select “Cancel subscription.” Confirm the cancellation when prompted.
- Cancel ESPN+ on iPhone (Apple App Store): Open your device’s Settings menu, tap your name, go to “iTunes & App Store,” navigate to “Subscriptions,” select the ESPN+ icon, and tap “Cancel Subscription.”
- Cancel ESPN+ with Roku: Visit the Roku website using a web browser, log in to your Roku account, click “Manage your subscriptions,” find “ESPN+” under Active Subscriptions, and follow the options provided to cancel.
Please be aware that ESPN Plus will continue to provide access until the end of your current billing period once the cancellation is confirmed.
Reactivating Your ESPN+ Account: Should you ever decide to reactivate your ESPN Plus account, you can do so easily. Your account details are retained, allowing you to renew your subscription at any time. Just follow the initial steps mentioned above and select the option to renew your subscription when prompted. Ensure that you verify your subscription plan and provide the necessary payment information.
Final Thoughts: Cancelling your ESPN Plus subscription is a straightforward process. Although you won’t receive a refund for unused billing periods, you will still have access to the service until the current billing period ends. There are no additional fees for cancelling. The method of cancellation depends on how you initially signed up for ESPN Plus, be it through the website, a third-party provider, or an app store.
ESPN Plus Cancellation FAQ: For answers to common questions regarding cancelling your ESPN Plus subscription, as well as other related topics, please refer to the FAQ section below.
- Why Am I Having Trouble Cancelling My ESPN+ Subscription? If you’re experiencing issues cancelling your subscription, it may be due to the method you initially used to sign up. If you’re unsure about your subscription method, consider reaching out to ESPN+ support via email.
- If I Delete My ESPN Profile, Will It End My ESPN+ Subscription? No, deleting your ESPN profile will not affect your ESPN+ subscription. These are separate entities, and removing your profile will not impact your subscription status.
- How Can I Keep Disney Plus but Terminate Hulu and ESPN+? If you have a bundled subscription including Hulu, Disney Plus, and ESPN Plus, you cannot cancel these services individually. To keep Disney Plus and cancel the others, you’ll need to terminate the entire bundle and then subscribe separately to Disney Plus.
- How Do I Modify My ESPN+ Subscription Plan? To make changes to your current subscription plan, navigate to your account settings on the ESPN Plus website. From there, you can upgrade, downgrade, or make adjustments based on the available plans.
- Is There a Free Trial for ESPN+? ESPN Plus occasionally offers free trials for new subscribers. However, these promotions change over time, so it’s advisable to check their official website or contact customer support for the latest information.
- What Devices Support ESPN+ Streaming? ESPN Plus is compatible with a wide range of devices, including smartphones, tablets, desktop browsers, streaming devices like Roku and Apple TV, and game consoles such as Xbox and PlayStation. For a comprehensive list, visit the ESPN Plus website’s device compatibility section.